Skip to main content

October 2015 Favorites

Hey guys!!!!

I know I haven't done a favorites post in a long time, but I decided to show you what I have been using on an everyday basis and I have been loving. 

One favorite though was going to Generation Beauty with my girls and all the products that I got from the event. Also I met a few of my favorite YouTubers and saw two that I have met before and I was excited to see again. I will have many reviews coming up in the next few weeks on all the things I got from the event. I had the best time and if you guys can you should go next year.

Now on to the rest of my favorites:


  • Colourpop Eyeshadow- This eyeshadow is from the Kathleen Lights Quad and it is the shade is Glow. I am loving it under my brow bone. It is a pretty matte vanilla shade and it stays bright all day. It doesn't wear off at all. This is my everyday brow bone shade without fail.
  • Milani Eyeshadow- Recently I have been topping the Glow Colourpop shade whenever I want a shimmery brow bone. This shade is Bella Ivory. A little bit goes a long way with this shadow. 
  • Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue-  I recently started using my pigments again and I am loving this product. Not only does it help with making my pigment last all day, but also makes it more vibrant and I have less fallout with this. If you guys love pigments or any loose eyeshadows you need this in your life.
  • Benefit Watts Up- I had stopped using this for a while, but I took it out to use it again and now I can't stop. I love using this on its own or use a powder highlighter on top of it. This lasts all day on me even with my oily skin. This is so amazing. Thanks to Lustrelux on YouTube I took it back out. 
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil- I use this product quite a bit probably more than half the month. It is the shade Milk. I love to use color on my lids all the time and this pencil is perfect. The white helps make the colors pop more and more vibrant than they already are. 
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow- This shadow is Shimma Shimma. I use everyday without fail in my inner corner unless I do color there otherwise this is the shade that this is there. It is a gorgeous champagne shade and I love it to death. 
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow- This shadow is Dessert Sands. This is from the Vegas Lights palette, but I think this is available individually now. I hadn't been using this shade because it was on a seperate palette so I decided to add them to my Sephora Z Palette with the rest of the MUG shadows. I love mixing it with two other shadows that I will mention next. It is a beautiful combination in the crease.
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow- This shadow is Cocoa Bear. I love love using this to warm up my crease. It is a gorgeous matte red brown. I love mixing it up with Dessert Sands and the next shade I will be talking about. I also use it on its own on the crease or even all over the lid.
  • Makeup Geek Eyeshadow- This last shade is Creme Brulee. This shade I do use practically everyday as my transition shade. Also Creme Brulee, Cocoa Bear, and Dessert Sands make a beautiful combination you guys should try it. 
  • Derma-e Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask- This product I don't have a review of yet, but I am not sure if I will do one or not. I got a sample of this from Generation Beauty when I stopped by their booth. From that sample I was like I need to buy the full size. My face feels amazing after I use it. I think I will do a review so I will tell you all more there.
Those have been my favorites for October. Thank you guys for sticking with me even though I wasn't motivated for a while. I am now fully motivated and I will keep the ball rolling. I have lots of things to review and talk about so for a good while there will be 3 to 5 posts a week unless I get too busy or work is rough. 

What were some of you guys favorites for the month???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rose and Ben Beauty Brushes

 Hey guys!! I haven't done a beauty post in a while and I was in the mood to do one because I am very excited to talk about these! I started follow Rose on IG roseandben  thanks to my friend and I have been loving her content. You can see the passion she has for makeup. I love that she posts on IG stories almost everyday doing a tutorial or talking about her fav products.  I have actually purchased and few of her recommendations and 99% of the products I have bought have become staples in my collection.  When she announced she was coming out with a brand  Rose and Ben Beauty  I just knew it would be brushes because she would always be using prototypes in her tutorials. I trusted her judgment in products soooo I bought most of the collection.  Aren't these brushes beautiful?? When I first got the brushes I felt the bristles and they were so soft. The quality of the bristles and even the handles feels so luxurious. I love the color of the handles too. I only started following her

What Are AHA's??

 Hey guys!!! AHA's(Alpha Hydroxy Acids) is water-soluble, exfoliates dead skin cells from the surface of the skin, reveals healthy looking skin, and it is suitable for all skin types. It helps stimulate collagen, hydrates the skin, brightens the skin, helps lessen skin texture, helps with acne scars, signs of sun damage, and dark spots. There are different types of AHA's out there.  Glycolic Acid Glycolic acid is the most well known and is used in skin care and is also used by a professional in a chemical peel.  It is either used alone in a skincare product or combined with another AHA ingredients at concentrations of 5% and up. It helps to enhance skin's firmness and resilience while softening signs of sun damage.  The size of this acid allows it to penetrate the uppermost layers of the skin to reveal better looking skin. Also it hydrates the skin, and basically helps the skin retain the natural moisture. Glycolic acid can be derived from sugar cane, but they only use the

What are BHA's??

 Hey guys!!! The other day I spoke about AHA's and the different types of AHA's and now it is BHA's.  BHA's(Beta Hydroxy Acids) can get deeper into the pores to remove dead skin cells and excess sebum. It is oil-soluble so it allows it to penetrate deep into the pores and gently breaks up blockages that clogs your pores. That will help with lessening your acne and less visible pores. If you have blackheads, on your nose especially, it can help getting rid of them without damaging your skin like the Biore pore strips do. Also prevents new ones from forming. It could also help with Keratosis Pilaris(KP) in body washes or even body lotions/butters. BHA's are good for all skin types, but especially oily, acne prone skin. Salicylic Acid Salicylic Acid is the most well known out of all of them. It helps reduce acne by exfoliating the skin and keeping the pores clear. It helps with mild acne, blackheads and whiteheads, can help prevent future breakouts.  Tropic Acid, Tret